What up folks? Blogging live to you and yours! It’s your boy TWOTALL4UFOOL! Today we have a guest post from my friend Andrea of Saving Joyfully. Black Friday is about a week away and now is the time to look for the best deal we can find on video games, and other electronics products. Be sure to give her a visit if you haven’t yet. She has a lot of helpful information when it comes to your finances and if you are just looking for ways to save money. Great content over at her site. I’ll come back at the end to share some deals I feel are worth jumping on. In the mean time Andrea please take it away!
Hi everyone I’m Justin’s friend Andrea and I blog over at SavingJoyfully.com
I decided to help Justin create a post this year for the big Black Friday sales on video games, systems and electronics. I may not be a wise old man in a cave handing out swords but, here are a few of my suggestions and resources that can aid in your quest to save money. “It’s dangerous to go alone! Take this.”
Strategies to maximize savings
- Make a list of what items you are looking for this year. This is important to help you stay on track and not get distracted. The whole point of Black Friday is of course to separate you from your money, my goal is to help you keep more of it.
- Determine which stores have the best deals on these specific items that will help you stretch your holiday budget. This may mean that you need to do a little research, but it can really pay off in the end.
- Plan ahead. The week before Black Friday is when most of the deals are posted and finalized. There may be better online deals or certain items that you can avoid buying in the stores. Best Buy has a lot of games, Blu-ray, etc that can be purchased online at the same Black Friday prices and picked up later. If you are not a fan of camping out in front of the store you may not have to. This of course does not work for the big-ticket limited deals these are typically only available in small quantities in store. Often Amazon will offer amazing deals on Black Friday for these same items or even on Cyber Monday.
- Check for any money-saving coupons and promotions. You would typically find these in the ads themselves or on the websites. You never know when the store will beat Amazon so be sure to check them both to see who has the best deal. For instance smart speakers may be bundled with other products at the store as a free item with purchase. Depending on the items on your list this year you may receive a better deal buying it this way due to the free item included.
- Be patient. Sometimes the deals may not be the best on a particular item during Black Friday or Cyber Monday. You may find a better deal in the few weeks before Christmas on the same items. Some places allow returns on specific items and if you find it better it can be returned at this time for a refund. Make sure you familiarize yourself with these return policies before purchasing the items. Price matches may also be available at specific stores. This could really save you a lot of money and even save you a trip to the other store.
Resources to save you money
Here are a few money saving apps or websites that you may find helpful when shopping. These would also be good if you choose to shop some of the sales from the comfort of your own home.
Here are some Black Friday sales ads
Frequent buyer programs and sweepstakes
- Game stop They even have a cool contest going on where you use your Power Up rewards points towards entries during the month of November, check it out here
- Fry’s Electronics secret loyalty promotions sign up here
- Kohls Yes 2 You Rewards program can earn 1 point for every dollar spent check it out here Also, in the past Kohl’s has offered a free $5 or $10 off for any purchases on Black Friday.
- Many people do not realize that QVC actually sells video games and gaming systems. They are actually running a cool sweepstakes too that you can enter to win $50,000, check it out here
Thanks again Justin for allowing me to share my tips and holiday shopping advice with your readers. Good luck everyone with all of you your holiday shopping this year. I hope this helps you save a few coins or rupees this year.
About the Author
Andrea Joy is the writer and blogger behind http://www.savingjoyfully.com where she helps others learn to live a more joyful life on a budget. She hopes to inspire and change others views on money, accumulating debt and managing their finances through her story.
Ok folks before I conclude this here are some deals you should be on the look out for.
Nintendo is going to be having a deal going for Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe pre-installed for only $299. Check out this article for more details.
Sony is promoting their Spider-Man bundle hard for only $199. It doesn’t get any better than that. A great console and a great game. If it is anytime to get a PS4 it’s now. Check the it out here.
Microsoft is having a promotion right now with their Xbox Game Pass only being $1 for new users. They will also have promotions for their Consoles the Xbox One S, and Xbox One X during the week of Nov. 18th thru Nov. 26th. They’ll have bundles available with games such as Battlefield V, Fallout 76, Minecraft, and Forza Horizon 4. Keep checking back on their site to see when these deals are available.
So I hope this gives you enough resources to find the deal you want to find for this Black Friday. Any deals out there that you like? Anything you are eyeing in particular? Let us know in the comments below. Until next time! It’s your boy TWOTALL4UFOOL! Remember that TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE! Thanks for reading folks. And be careful out ther.e