Blogging live to you and yours! It’s your boy TWOTALL4UFOOL! I haven’t done one these music in video games posts in a long while. Almost six months to be exact. I had been meaning to show this series on my blog a little more love. I will do at least one more before the end of the year. I can promise you that. So for this one I want to go inside the soundtrack of a particular video game series. And since I am doing the The Games That Define Us over on Normal Happenings which is going to drop in November, I figured why not music from the game I’m doing it on. Donkey Kong Country. I’m going to go into music from the first three Donkey Kong Country games. And why not? These games had killer soundtracks. The great composer David Wise worked on all of three of these soundtracks and there is hours of great video game music with all three soundtracks combined.
First things first here’s are links to the soundtracks for each game:
All of them are great soundtracks. So I’m going to give you my top 10. After I’m done I’ll give you some honorable mentions.
10. DK Island Swing, DKC: This is the theme that started it all. If you ever played the original Donkey Kong Country you know this tune. Jungle Hijinx anyone?
9. Funky’s Fugue, DKC: This tune I think was the best of any of Funky’s themes across all three games. It gave me that surfer feel. I think it really defines Funky Kong.
8. Life in the Mines, DKC: The best of all the mine music in the game. I like how it starts out slow and then it picks up. Very chill theme if you ask me.
7. Gang-Plank Galleon, DKC: This is the theme you hear when you take on King K. Rool for the first time. This one is epic in my opinion. Even when I kept dying when I got to him I didn’t mind the music so much. LOL!
6. Klubba’s Reveille, DKC2: If you are looking for a pirate theme to get you into the mood of DKC2 here you go. Tell me that this theme doesn’t fit that game.
5. In A Snow-Bound Land, DKC2: This is a sweet tune. Makes you think about life. The fact that this kind of melody you could hear out of a Super NES is crazy.
4. Krook’s March, DKC2: I love this theme all the way around. It gives you that feeling that never give up feel. Take what’s yours. Uhhhh….. just listen to it and you’ll see what I mean.
3. Bonus Time, DKC3: DKC3 had the best bonus secret music in my opinion. Doesn’t this make you want to dance. Or make you feel like you are on a game show. LOL!
2. Aquatic Ambiance, DKC: The best music of any water level I’ve ever played in any video game. This list would be incomplete without this tune right here. Many will arguably think it’s the best song from the Donkey Kong Country series.
1. Stickerbrush Symphony, DKC2: My favorite music throughout the entire DKC series. The levels that had this music weren’t the easiest. But at least it had great music so I didn’t mind how many times I had to start the level over. LOL!
Funky the main Monkey: I had to show Funky Kong some more love. This theme wasn’t bad either but I like the first one better.
Forest Interlude: This is a very nice piece of work. Doesn’t it give you that feeling that you are in a forest at night time? Or maybe early in the morning?
Run! Rambi! Run!: Just like the title says. Run, Rambi, Run! LOL!
Brothers Bear: This is a country type theme. I’m going to give DKC3 a bit more love.
Disco Train: Don’t you hear something like this when you are on a roller coaster ride. LOL!
So these are the tracks I love from across the first three Donkey Kong Country games. One of the things that kept me engaged with these games was the music. To be an excellent video game you have to have excellent everything. Music included. What were some of your favorite tracks from the Donkey Kong Country games? Did I get the list right? Is there something you would’ve added? Let me know in the comments below. Until next time. Blogging live to you and yours. It’s your boy TWOTALL4UFOOL! Remember that TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE! Thanks for reading folks. Game on gamerz!